Monday, May 9, 2011

You gotta start somewhere!

I love to be in the Kitchen! Baking and cooking are my most favorite things to do! This is why I started this blog. Not only is it going to be cakes but also yummy food! As much as I love to cook and bake I love to EAT! When I was young my aunt Cathy lived in Colorado Springs, Colorado. There she owned Gold Tooth Annie's. It was a home cooked meal restaurant. She made something new every night. It was DELICIOUS!  When I would go to visit I would help her in the kitchen to prepare the food. I also would wait tables.. being only 8years old. I loved it! This is where I found my passion for cooking! My aunt Cathy was an amazing woman and I have always looked up to her. She is no longer with us.. But will always be in my heart! Every time I put my apron on she always comes to mind. Her laughter, her smile, her kindness, and of course her food! She was so gifted and talented. She shared this gift with everyone around her and then some. Being in the kitchen is a stress reliever for me. Weird.. yes. But its where I unwind after a long day whether it be making dinner for my hubs or eating cookie dough from my kitchen aide bowl. I started out with cupcakes years ago. I own about 25 cupcake and cake cookbooks. Love them! Recently I have started making cakes and decorating them with homemade fondant! It tastes yummy and is fun to work with! My sister Alex had taught herself how to make and use the fondant. After seeing her make cute cakes I decided I wanted to learn! She helped me with the first cake I made and away I went! I have always hope to have my own cake shop. You gotta start somewhere right?!

1 comment:

  1. Love your inspiration! She was and is an amazing women! Love and miss her!

    ReplyDelete