Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My First Cake

So my husband loves to hunt! I decided that I wanted to bake a cake of just that. I made the fondant and set out to my moms house. My mom, sisters, and Little brother were there to help. We worked on this cake for about 4 hours.. and HA HA boy is it funny. Some new inside jokes came about as we were making this cake. It was fun spending time with everyone who helped. Matt really liked the cake which is what I was aiming for. I tried doing camo as the main but it didn't turn out as well as hoped.

                                                               Here it is!

His little Rifle leaning up against the tree.


 I wish this wasn't so blurry.. but my mom did Matt's face in his sleeping bag.. and the facial hair is exactly like his to a T!


You can see his little campfire. The fire is made out of melted sugar. It looked really neat. My mom did really good on the deers behind!


You can see that the little deer is watching Matt sleep. Ha Ha that turned into our little inside joke!


The little details were my favorite. the logs, rocks, and woodland creatures

Deer's little poops, Marshmallows, and camp fire


I also thought I would make some cupcakes. I made Little deer antler mounts and some guns!

1 comment: